Among the wealth of invention in Monteverdi’s work, tenors find magnificent gems written for their voice. Christoph Prégardien, a “historical” tenor of the baroque movement and his son Julian, greatly in demand for this repertoire, are coming together to serve the best “bravura pieces” written by Monteverdi for their voice. From the illustrious Combattimento di Tancredi e Clorinda to the incarnation of Orfeo, Monterverdi’s finest pieces are intended for tenors.Heartrending duets between Ulysses and his son Telemachus or between Orfeo and his father Apollo, truly apt repertoire for the Prégardiens father and son… The strength of this music is reinforced by the family links between the two singers and their deeply touching interpretation that has to be discovered by the public.
The dramatic intensity specific to Monteverdi, the richness of his instrumentation, the immediate impact of his melodies speak directly to our heart, the breathtaking virtuosity of some vocal parts make him a thoroughly modern composer, with strikingly beautiful expressions as in the poignant Lamenti.
For this tribute to Monteverdi, built around the father and son relationship, Jos van Immerseel who has been familiar with the master’s work for half-a-century conducts his ensemble Anima Eterna and the mezzo-soprano Marianne Beate Kielland, in the Hercule Salon, the most Italianate of the palace’s rooms, where Monteverdi will sound beautifully.
Claudio Monteverdi (1567-1643)
Il combattimento di Tancredi e Clorinda
Tempro La Cetra
Arias of Il ritorno d’Ulisse in patria
Arias of L’Orfeo
Christoph & Julian Prégardien : Tenors
Marianne Beate Kielland : Mezzo-soprano
Ensemble instrumental Anima Eterna Brugge
Jos van Immerseel : Conductor, harpsichord, organ
- Spoken languages
- Payments methods
From November 10, 2017 to November 10, 2017
• Annual - 3rd category : 38€ (Please note that some 3rd category seats have limited visibility) / 2nd category : 55€ / 1st category : 72€ / Prestige (glass of champagne + programme) : 105€ REDUCED RATE APPLICABLE TO : - under 26, Chateau de Versailles Spectacles card holders and groups of more than 10 people - holders of the 2 day Chateau de Versailles passport. Reservation by telephone only at +33 (0) 130 837 889 or directly on site on the day of the event (subject to availability). Detailed conditions on the Chateau de Versailles internet site.From 38 € to 105 €
• Annual - 3rd category (Please note that some 3rd category seats have limited visibility) : 45€ / 2nd category : 65€ / 1st category : 85€ / Prestige (glass of champagne + programme) : 120€ / Prestige VIP (glass of champagne + programme) : 140€From 45 € to 140 €
- On November 10, 2017 from 20:30 at 22:30
- * Duration 2h00 with intermission
- © Marco Borggreve-2010-003