From the beginning of his reign, Louis XIV gave particular importance to entertainment and festivities, which added to the prestige of his kingdom. He wanted the whole of Europe to recognise the magnificence of the festivities he presented at his court.
Today, the Palace of Versailles continues this tradition and invites you to enjoy unforgettable moments at some incredible events:
- On the weekends and public holidays from end of March to end of October, as well as on Tuesdays between May 22 and June 26, discover the hidden secrets of the groves of Le Nôtre's gardens at the Musical Fountains Show.
- On Saturday evenings from June 16 to September 15, 2018 the magic comes to life at the Fountains Night Show. Don't miss the fireworks at the end of the evening!
- Before the Fountains Night Show or after the Musical Fountains Show, rediscover the Grand Apartments with baroque musicians and dancers during the Royal Serenade. Tip: you can buy combined tickets Musical Fountains Show + Royal Serenade or Royal Serenade + Fountains Night Show.
- On Tuesdays and Fridays from end of March to end of October (except public holidays and Tuesdays from May 22 to June 26), attend the Musical Gardens and enjoy the gardens of Le Nôtre through an exceptional musical walk.
- Will you attend the Fêtes Galantes, the famous fancy dress evening held in the Hall of Mirrors? Perhaps our paths may cross!
- Baroque costumes, wigs, champagne, clubbing atmosphere... This is you will find at the unmissable Grand Masked Ball in June! Dress up and put your mask on, you're in for an off-the-wall night of party in the impressive Orangerie of the Palace of Versailles...
- At the end of June and during the month of July, you can watch breathtaking pyrotechnic shows. This year, do not miss Verdi : Requiem and Marie-Antoinette.