Since 22 July 1980, the chapel has been listed as a historic monument in its entirety, along with the façades and roofs of the main buildings.
Following the transfer of hospital activities to Le Chesnay in 1981 and the complete cessation of activities in 1997, the buildings were disused for many years. This neglect led to extensive damage and even destruction caused by three successive fires, the most recent in 2009.
By deciding to restore the Royal Hospital and its historic chapel and open them to the public from 2015, the City of Versailles has chosen to create a prestigious cultural facility.
The Espace Richaud, dedicated to heritage and contemporary art exhibitions, offers a wide range of events: exhibitions, concerts, conferences, shows, etc. Each temporary exhibition has its own specific cultural programme.
Its different spaces, spread over two levels, allow a wide range of combinations in the service of creativity and heritage enhancement. With this in mind, the Espace Richaud is now offering guided tours of the building's history and architecture.
Exceptionally closed : Wednesday 01 November 2023
Exceptionally closed : Saturday 11 November 2023
Exceptionally closed : Monday 25 December 2023
All year long 2024
Every day except Monday, Tuesday
12:00 to 19:00
Careful! Open only during exhibitions.
- Visites :
- Average group visit length (minutes) 90
- Type of culturel patrimony :
- Historic site and monument
- Visit :
- Guided tours
- Parking :
- Individual tour services :
- Guided individual tours on request
- Unguided individual tours available permanently
- Group tour services :
- Guided group tours on request
- Unguided group tours available permanently
- Interior facilities :
- Entertainment :
- Temporary exhibition
- Cultural leisure facilities :
- Exhibition space
- Equipment :
- Meeting room
- Hire/loan :
- Room hire
- Accessibility criteria for people with reduced mobility :
- Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance
- Payment methods :
- Lambinet Museum